This page is for info and links (if possible) for books that provide a good discussion and facts regarding American history and politics. Also, anything that covers world history & politics, European history & politics, or any other region (I research EU and East-Central Europe so that’s why those). Basically, anything that is as free of SJW nonsense as possible.
Some that popped into my head:
- The Federalist Papers (the linked version also has the Anti-Federalist papers which is where the Bill of Rights comes from)
- James Madison’s notes from the Constitutional debates of 1787
- De Tocqueville, Democracy in America
- Kidd, Thomas S. American History
For international politics:
- Schrad, Mark Lawrence, Vodka Politics: Alcohol, Autocracy, and the Secret History of the Russian State.
- Dawisha, Karen, Putin’s Kleptocracy: Who Owns Russia?
- Drakulic, Slavenka, Cafe Europa; How we survived communism and even laughed; They would never hurt a fly: War criminals on trial in the Hague (really, anything by Drakulic for a good view of life under and after communism).
There are a lot more and I have to go through my bookcases to remember what I have. In the meantime, post your own recommendations in the comments.