We got back from California this morning after a red-eye flight from San Francisco. It was a direct flight, so not as bad as previous trips. I think I actually managed to sleep on this flight and I’m grateful for that.
There are a number of things I’m grateful for as this year winds down. I’ve been keeping a gratitude journal; trying to make sure each day I write down 10 things I’m grateful for. There are a couple things that appear every day. I’m always and forever grateful for my husband. I totally won the lottery in that category. I’m always grateful for the purrs and snuggles of our cats. I’m grateful for my health (cliched I know, but I am). My point here is that I did not keep the journal while we were traveling. So, this post is a sort of catch up on gratitude for the last 10 days.
- that we got to visit our families
- that we got to peek behind the metaphorical curtain that is covering some of the family tension (it was enlightening and for that I’m grateful).
- we got to walk on the beach on Saturday
- we had easy travel days
- we got to eat a lot of good food.
- that we spent quality time with my cousin and his wife
- that I got to spend time with my favorite cousin who is a sister and best friend to me.
- I got to have lunch with my best friend from college.
- And, maybe most of all, I’m grateful that I get to sit here on my own couch, surrounded by snoozing cats, while I write this.
So, a very happy, healthy, and enlightening new year to everybody. May 2019 bring you much joy and fun living.
Image ©Rebecca Jones, 2018